- Top Question:
- What is a pre-authorized debit card transaction?
- Best Answer:
Pre-authorized debit card transactions are temporary charges applied by a merchant, generally to verify the account or to hold a projected amount of funds they expect you to spend. Most pre-authorized transactions are the same amount as your final purchase amount but sometimes the pre-authorized amount may be different. Examples of merchants who may apply pre-authorized transaction amounts different than the final purchase on a debit card would include car rentals, hotels, restaurants and gas stations.
These pre-authorized transactions could cause confusion to the account holder regarding the available account balance since the amount held may not be the precise amount of the eventual charge. Most pre-authorized transactions are applied to your account for a maximum of 3 business days, or until the merchant submits the actual final amount for payment. At this time, the pre-authorized debit is removed.
Because pre-authorizations can tie up funds in your account, we suggest that whenever possible use a credit card or alternative payment method instead of a debit card for car rentals, hotels and other situations where a deposit or large pre-authorization may be required.
If you have a question about a specific transaction on your account, please visit a nearby branch location or call (866) 952-9523 for personal assistance.
- Can I add the same Arvest debit and/or credit cards in Apple Pay™ on multiple devices?
- Can I set up automatic payments to my credit card account?
- How do I dispute a transaction?
- What is the mortgage Bi-Weekly Payment Drafting Program?
- How can I stop/cancel my mortgage automatic draft?
- How can I change my mortgage automatic draft information?
- How do I access my account information through telephone banking?
- What is a chip-enabled debit card?
- What are the advantages of making a purchase with my Arvest debit card in Samsung Pay™?
- What are the advantages of making a purchase with my Arvest debit card in Google Pay™?
Most Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I log in to Online Banking with BlueIQ™?
- What is the Transit Routing Number?
- How do I enroll in Mobile Banking?
- How do I choose to receive a paper statement or an electronic statement?
- What can I do with Online Banking?
- What are your hours?
- Where can I find Arvest's current loan and line of credit rates?
- Does Arvest accept deposits via mail?
- Can you tell me about Arvest debit cards and my options for debit card artwork?
- How do I open an account or apply for a loan?