- Top Question:
- What happens if I make a purchase and exceed my credit limit?
- Best Answer:
Unless you request otherwise, we may decline any transaction causing you to exceed your credit card limit. If you want us to authorize these transactions, you can request Over-the-Credit Limit coverage. If you choose Over-the-Credit Limit coverage and exceed your Credit Limit, we will charge you a fee of $25.00. You will only pay one fee per billing cycle, even if you exceed your limit multiple times in the same cycle. Even with Over-the-Credit Limit coverage, we may still decline a transaction that would cause you to exceed your Credit Limit.
- What are the different ways I can search for transactions?
- How do I find out my credit card limit?
- What benefits are included with IDProtect identity theft coverage?
- What if I have trouble adding my Arvest debit and/or credit cards in Apple Pay™?
- How do I change my credit limit?
- How do I apply for a credit card?
- If I replace or update my device, what happens to my Arvest debit card in Google Pay™?
- What is a Family Card and what are the benefits?
- What if my Samsung device is lost or stolen? What if someone uses my lost or stolen device to make purchases?
- If I replace or update my device, what happens to my Arvest debit card in Samsung Pay™?
Most Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I log in to Online Banking with BlueIQ™?
- What is the Transit Routing Number?
- How do I order / reorder checks?
- Does Arvest offer gift cards?
- Can you tell me about Arvest debit cards and my options for debit card artwork?
- What if I forgot my Login ID?
- How do I open an account or apply for a loan?
- What are the advantages of working for Arvest Bank?
- How do I perform a wire transfer?
- Do you have foreclosed homes, property, or equipment for sale?