- Top Question:
- How do I perform a wire transfer?
- Best Answer:
Arvest Bank offers wire transfer service for our customers - Domestic and International wire transfer fees apply and may vary. For immediate assistance, please visit your local Arvest branch. Please have your contact information available, as well as the recipient’s bank routing and account number. You will also need to provide the receiving bank’s address and phone number for verification.
Please note - Wire transfer cut-off times may vary by bank.
You may also write a check from your originating account made payable to you and deposit it into your destination account.
If you perform wire transfers frequently and are interested in a convenient way to send wire transfers with a phone call, contact your local Arvest branch to learn more about setting up a Wire Agreement.
- How do I transfer money between my accounts?
- How can I perform a stop payment?
- Can I add the same Arvest debit and/or credit cards in Apple Pay on multiple devices?
- Do you have a Fee Schedule available?
- How do I set up an automatic transfer between my accounts?
- What should I do if I’m a victim of a scam, fraud or fraudulent transaction?
- How do I transfer Mobile Banking to my new mobile device with the same phone number?
- If I replace or update my device, what happens to my Arvest debit card in Samsung Pay?
- What Arvest accounts can I use for payments and transfers?
- How do I request a credit card balance transfer?
Most Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I set up automatic payments to my credit card account?
- What is the Arvest Home4Me app?
- How will I earn Arvest Flex Rewards points?
- How do I check my Arvest Flex Reward points balance?
- Do you have online calculators and tools?
- How can I get information on the Arvest Flex Rewards program?
- How do I qualify for a mortgage?
- How can I sign up for electronic mortgage statements?
- Why would my monthly mortgage payment change?
- When are my payments considered late?