Arvest Education Center
Ten Reasons to Consider Online Banking
Interacting with your financial institution online can help simplify your financial affairs.
Here are ten reasons to consider using online banking:
- It may be easier to pay bills. Most online institutions offer convenient bill paying services. With these services, paying your bills just takes a mouse click.
- It can be easier to apply for loans. You may even get approved faster. However, some types of loans may still require the paperwork.
- It’s easier to monitor accounts. Online banking allows you to see which checks have cleared and monitor your balances.
- You can transfer funds between accounts. Knowing how much money you have in each account can enable you to move money to other accounts to earn higher rates on certain funds.
- It can be cheaper. Online bill paying eliminates the costs of stamps, ordering checks and trips to the bank and post office.
- It saves time. With online banking, you can bank whenever and wherever you want.
- Get up-to-date rates. Checking out the current rates on CDs, savings accounts and loans is fast and easy.
- It can be safe. Most online banking activities use highly sophisticated encryption devices to ensure safety and privacy. Your access code (or PIN number) should be guarded carefully.
- It may be easier to get information from your financial institution. Many institutions have electronic newsletters and email messaging to keep you fully informed about any special offers they may have.
- There’s great info available online. Many institutions have sections of their websites dedicated to providing useful financial education.
This content has been provided by Financial Wisdom and is intended to serve as a general guideline.