Arvest Visa® Gift Card Terms and Conditions
These are your Visa® Gift Card terms and conditions. Please read them carefully and retain them for your records. Please sign your card IMMEDIATELY. By accepting and using your card you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. This Visa® Gift Card is neither a credit nor an FDIC insured deposit account. In these terms and conditions “you” and “your” mean the person who has received the Visa® Gift Card; “we”, “us” or “our” means Arvest Bank, our successors, affiliates or assigns.
Your Visa® Gift Card may be used for purchases everywhere that Visa® debit cards are accepted. You must sign the back of the card before you can use the card.
You may only use it when there is a balance remaining on the card and only up to the amount left on the card. Purchases and service charges will be deducted from your Visa® Gift Card balance until the value reaches zero. After the amount available on your Visa® Gift Card has been exhausted, all transactions will be declined. Transactions that exceed the remaining card balance will also be declined. If your purchase amount is greater than the amount available on your card, the difference can be paid with another form of payment depending on the policy of the merchant. ANY transaction attempted for more than the amount available on the Visa® Gift Card will be declined. Therefore, you MUST know the amount available on your card and inform the merchant to process the transaction in that amount.
A fee of $3.50 may be assessed each month after 12 consecutive months of inactivity. This fee is deducted from any remaining value on the card until the value reaches zero.If you use your VISA® Gift Card for a transaction in a foreign currency, the transaction will be converted to US Dollars in accordance with the applicable VISA® operating regulations for international transactions. Currently, those regulations provide that the exchange rate will be either a rate selected by VISA® from the range of rates available in wholesale currency markets for the applicable central processing date, which rate may vary from the rate VISA® itself receives, or the government-mandated rate in effect for the applicable central processing date, in each instance, plus or minus any adjustment determined by the Issuer. We do not control the rate, date or place of exchange or the conversion rate in effect on a date later than the transaction date.The cardholder is not permitted to resell a Visa® Gift Card.
LIMITATIONS ON TRANSACTIONS
The Visa® Gift Card cardholder responsibility is non-transferable.
- You agree not to make transactions that exceed the amount of funds stored on your Visa® Gift Card.
- You are responsible for all authorized transactions initiated by use of your card.
- The Visa® Gift Card is non-reloadable and cannot be re-used.
- The Visa® Gift Card cannot be used to obtain cash from automated teller machines (ATM) and cannot be redeemed for cash or cash equivalents through us or through Visa®.
- You may not make pre-authorized regular payments through the use of your Visa® GiftCard.
You may find some Visa® merchants (i.e. restaurants, hotels, car rental, salons, gas stations, etc.) that secure an authorization/approval on your Visa® Gift Card greater than the purchase amount. This is done to ensure adequate funds are available to cover the final purchase. If the amount being authorized exceeds the value remaining on the card, the transaction will be declined.
Access your balance information online. If you do not have internet access, call Arvest Bank at (800) 601-8655 for your balance.
Record your card number in a safe place as you MUST have your card number to report your gift card as lost or stolen. This card should be treated like cash. If lost or stolen and funds are spent before a hold can be placed on the card, those funds cannot be recovered. Tell us IMMEDIATELY if your card has been lost or stolen. You will need the card number to report it stolen and request a replacement.
If you believe your Card has been lost or stolen, call Arvest Bank at (800) 601-8655.
ERROR RESOLUTION PROCEDURES
You should protect your card as if it were cash. If transactions occur without your permission you may not be able to recover your funds. If there is an error with a transaction on your card, we must hear from you within 60 days of the original transaction date.
Download the form and complete the form providing the following information:
- Enter the Cardholders Name and Address.
- Disputed Transaction: Enter the date the error occurred, dollar amount of the error, merchant name and Visa® Gift Card number used in the transaction.
- "Questions and Answer" section of the form: Indicate if you have made an initial attempt in good faith to resolve the dispute with the merchant by checking Yes or No. When completing the “Cardholder’s Comments” section, be as detailed as possible. If applicable, answer if the Gift Card was lost or stolen? If stolen, by whom? When did you first learn your card was missing?
- Check the Category that best describes the error.
- "Cardholder Comments": Please give a brief description and explanation of the error. Be as detailed as possible.
- Date and sign the form. Print and mail to Arvest Bank at the address below:
Arvest Bank Operations
Attn: Electronic Banking, LOC-W
PO Box 799
Lowell AR 72745
*If your Adobe Acrobat reader does not support data entry, it may be necessary to print the form prior to filling it out manually.
EXPIRATION OF CARD
Your VISA® Gift Card is valid until the expiration date shown on your card or until the amount of funds has been exhausted, whichever comes first. Any transactions that are attempted after the card is no longer valid will be declined. You may request a new card to access any remaining funds prior to the expiration date. If the card has been lost or stolen, the $7.50 reissue fee will apply. To request a card reissue, please call (800) 601-8655 and select “0” on the menu or visit any Arvest branch location.
The following service charges apply to the Visa® Gift Card:
Monthly Card Maintenance Fee*
Lost or Stolen Card Re-Issue Fee
A fee of $3.50 may be assessed each month after 12 consecutive months of inactivity