- Top Question:
- What does pending mean on my account transaction history?
- Best Answer:
If you have a question about a specific transaction on your account, please visit a nearby branch location or call (866) 952-9523 for personal assistance.
When a purchase is made with your debit card, the merchant notifies the bank of the transaction and the amount is deducted from the account balance and is shown in Online Banking and Mobile Banking as a pending debit.
The pending debit will remain until the merchant submits the transaction for final payment. At this time, the transaction becomes final and no longer will show as a pending debit.
Customer makes a purchase at the grocery store for $63.57 on a Monday which is electronically transmitted to the bank. The transaction will appear on the customer’s account as a pending debit and the amount is deducted from their account balance. The grocery store submits the final request for payment of the funds two days later. At this time, the pending debit becomes final.
Pending Debit Not Claimed By Merchant
What happens if the merchant does not claim payment within 3 business days?
- A pending debit will remain in place for a maximum of 3 business days and will change to an actual debit once the merchant claims the final payment from the bank.
- If during that 3 business day period the merchant has not submitted for final payment, the pending debit will drop off of the account and the transaction will not be visible, nor will be deducted from the account balance.
- When the merchant does claim the final payment after that period, the charge will then be deducted from the account as a final debit. Most pending debit transactions are claimed by the merchant within the 3 business day time period.
Customer makes a purchase at the movies for $18.29 on a Tuesday which is electronically transmitted to the bank.
The transaction will appear on the customer’s account as a pending debit and the amount is deducted from their balance.
If more than three business days pass with no payment request from the merchant, the pending debit is no longer held on the account and the $18.29 is no longer deducted. The movie theater submits the request for payment of the funds five business days later and at that time the $18.29 is deducted from the account.
- What are the different ways I can search for transactions?
- How do I view, print or save an electronic statement?
- What should I do if I’m a victim of a scam, fraud or fraudulent transaction?
- How do I log in to Online Banking with BlueIQ?
- What is the history of Arvest Bank?
- When will my full deposit be available?
- How do Samsung Pay purchases appear on my Arvest account statement?
- How do I access my credit card transaction history?
- How can I perform a stop payment?
- What is my statement date?
Most Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I set up automatic payments to my credit card account?
- What is the Arvest Home4Me app?
- How will I earn Arvest Flex Rewards points?
- How do I check my Arvest Flex Reward points balance?
- How can I get information on the Arvest Flex Rewards program?
- When are my payments considered late?
- Do you have online calculators and tools?
- How do I qualify for a mortgage?
- How can I sign up for electronic mortgage statements?
- What do I do if I forgot my PIN?