- Top Question:
- What are the different ways I can search for transactions?
- Best Answer:
On the Transactions page, you can use the search box to find your transactions in a number of ways. As you type in the search box, options for how to search should appear underneath, including:
- Check Number: searches for your numeric criteria in the check number field
- Amount: searches for your numeric criteria in the amount field
- Description: searches for your criteria in the description field
- Memo: searches for your criteria in the memo field
- Category / Subcategory: searches for your criteria in the category field. Hint: do not use the “/” character, just use text found in the name of the category or subcategory
- All Fields: searches for your criteria in the amount, description, memo, check number, and category fields
You can also search by date range by using the calendar icon next to the search box:
- Enter a Start Date to find transactions newer than or equal to the start date
- Enter an End Date to find transactions older than or equal to the end date
- Enter both a Start Date and an End Date to find transactions between or equal to those two dates
You can also combine a date range search and a text search. For example, you can search for all transactions categorized as Healthcare\Out of Pocket between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016 by doing the following:
- Select the calendar icon
- Set Start Date to 1/1/16
- Set End Date to 12/31/16
- Select Search to apply the dates. The transaction list will update to show only transactions between these dates.
- Now type out of pocket in the search box (or you could just type pocket)
- In the drop down under the search box, pick “out of pocket in category/subcategory”
- The transaction list will update to only show transactions between the dates chosen, and categorized as Out Of Pocket.
Transactions are searchable for up to 2 years.
- How do I view, print or save an electronic statement?
- How do I dispute a transaction?
- What are the advantages of making a purchase with my Arvest debit or credit card in Apple Pay™?
- How do I choose to receive a paper statement or an electronic statement?
- What’s Google Pay? What happened to Android Pay?
- What are the advantages of making a purchase with my Arvest debit card in Google Pay™?
- How do I get my account number?
- What services do you provide to help with money management or retirement planning?
- How do I get pre-qualified for a personal loan?
- How do I get a new coupon book if my mortgage payment has changed?
Most Frequently Asked Questions
- Credit Card Support
- What is the Transit Routing Number?
- How do I log in to Online Banking with BlueIQ™?
- Can I set up automatic payments to my credit card account?
- Customer Service Support
- Online Banking Support
- Can you tell me about Arvest debit cards and my options for debit card artwork?
- What checking accounts do you offer?
- How do I check my Arvest Flex Rewards™ points balance?
- Is the Oklahoma routing number (103112976) changing?