Your Visa® Credit Card Guide to Benefits
YOUR VISA® CREDIT CARD GUIDE TO BENEFITSPRINT VISA GUIDE TO BENEFITS
Benefits in effect as of April 1, 2017
Your Guide to Benefits describes the benefits in effect as of 4/1/17. Benefits information in this guide replaces any prior benefits information You may have received. Please read and retain for Your records. Your eligibility is determined by Your financial institution.
Certain fees, restrictions, limitations and exclusions may apply to some benefits and are subject to change without notice. For more information about the benefits described in this guide, call the Benefit Administrator at (800) 348-8472, or call collect outside the U.S. at (804) 673-1164.
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
No cardholder wants to incur the expense of repairing or replacing a rented car. But accidents do happen, and vehicles do get stolen.
How Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver Works With Other Insurance
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver covers theft, damage, valid loss-of-use charges imposed and substantiated by the auto rental company, administrative fees and reasonable and customary towing charges, due to a covered theft or damage to the nearest qualified repair facility.
If You do have personal automobile insurance or other insurance that covers theft or damage, this benefit reimburses You for the deductible portion of Your car insurance or other insurance, along with any unreimbursed portion of administrative and loss-of-use charges imposed by the car rental company, as well as reasonable towing charges while the car was Your responsibility.
If You do not have personal automobile insurance or any other insurance, the benefit reimburses You for covered theft, damage, or administrative and loss-of-use charges imposed by the rental company, as well as reasonable towing charges that occur while You are responsible for the vehicle.
If You are renting outside of Your country of residence, the coverage provided under this benefit is primary and reimburses You for covered theft, damage, or administrative and loss-of-use charges imposed by the rental company, as well as reasonable towing charges that occur while You are responsible for the vehicle.
How to Use Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Use Your card to initiate and complete Your entire car rental transaction.
- Review the auto rental agreement and decline the rental company’s collision damage waiver (CDW/LDW) option, or a similar provision, as accepting this coverage will cancel out Your benefit. If the rental company insists that You purchase their insurance or collision damage waiver, call the Benefit Administrator for assistance at (800) 348-8472. Outside the United States, call collect at (804) 673-1164.
This benefit is in effect during the time the rental car is in Your (or an authorized driver’s) control, and it terminates when the rental company reassumes control of their vehicle.
This benefit is available in the United States and most foreign countries (with the exception of Israel, Jamaica, the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland). However, this benefit is not available where precluded by law, or where it’s in violation of the territory terms of the auto rental agreement, or when prohibited by individual merchants. Because regulations vary outside the United States, check with Your auto rental company and the Benefit Administrator before You travel, to be sure that Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver will apply.
Vehicles Not Covered
Certain vehicles are not covered by this benefit, they consist of: expensive, exotic, and antique cars; cargo vans; certain vans; vehicles with an open cargo bed; trucks; motorcycles; mopeds; motorbikes; limousines; and recreational vehicles.
Examples of expensive or exotic cars are the Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, Bentley, Corvette, Ferrari, Jaguar, Lamborghini, Lotus, Maserati, Maybach, McLaren, Porsche, Rolls Royce, and Tesla. However, selected models of Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Cadillac, Infiniti, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, and Range Rover are covered.
An antique car is defined as one that is over twenty (20) years old, or one that has not been manufactured for ten (10) years or more.
Vans are not covered. But those designed as small-group transportation vehicles (seating up to nine (9) people, including the driver) are covered.
If You have questions about a specific vehicle’s coverage or organization where the vehicle is being reserved, call the Benefit Administrator at (800) 348-8472, or call collect outside the United States at (804) 673-1164.
Related Instances & Losses Not Covered
- Any obligation You assume under any agreement (other than the deductible on Your personal auto policy)
- Any violation of the auto rental agreement or this benefit
- Injury of anyone, or damage to anything, inside or outside the Rental Vehicle
- Loss or theft of personal belongings
- Personal liability
- Expenses assumed, waived, or paid by the auto rental company, or its insurer
- The cost of any insurance, or collision damage waiver, offered by or purchased through the auto rental company
- Depreciation of the Rental Vehicle caused by the incident including, but not limited to, “diminished value”
- Expenses reimbursable by Your insurer, employer, or employer’s insurance
- Theft or damage due to intentional acts, or due to the driver(s) being under the influence of alcohol, intoxicants, or drugs, or due to contraband, or illegal activities
- Wear and tear, gradual deterioration, or mechanical breakdown
- Items not installed by the original manufacturer
- Damage due to off-road operation of the Rental Vehicle
- Theft or damage due to hostility of any kind (including, but not limited to, war, invasion, rebellion, insurrection, or terrorist activities)
- Confiscation by authorities
- Vehicles that do not meet the definition of covered vehicles
- Rental periods that either exceed, or are intended to exceed, fifteen (15) consecutive days, within Your country of residence, or thirty-one (31) days outside Your country of residence
- Leases and mini leases
- Theft or damage as a result of the authorized driver’s and/or cardholder’s lack of reasonable care in protecting the Rental Vehicle before and/or after damage or theft occurs (for example, leaving the car running and unattended)
- Theft or damage reported more than forty-five (45) days* after the date of the incident
- Theft or damage for which a claim form has not been received within ninety (90) days* from the date of the incident
- Theft or damage for which all required documentation has not been received within three hundred and sixty-five (365) days after the date of the incident
- Theft or damage from rental transactions that originated in Israel, Jamaica, the Republic of Ireland, or Northern Ireland
*(Not applicable to residents in certain states)
Filing a Claim
It is Your responsibility as a cardholder to make every effort to protect Your Rental Vehicle from damage or theft. If You have an accident, or Your Rental Vehicle has been stolen, immediately call the Benefit Administrator at (800) 348-8472 to report the incident, regardless of whether Your liability has been established. Outside the United States, call collect at (804) 673-1164.
You should report the theft or damage as soon as possible but no later than forty-five (45) days from the date of the incident.
The Benefit Administrator reserves the right to deny any claim containing charges that would not have been included, if notification occurred before the expenses were incurred. Thus, it’s in Your best interest to notify the Benefit Administrator immediately after an incident. Reporting to any other person will not fulfill this obligation.
What You Must Submit to File a Claim
At the time of the theft or damage, or when You return the Rental Vehicle, ask Your car rental company for the following documents:
- A copy of the accident report form
- A copy of the initial and final auto rental agreements (front and back)
- A copy of the repair estimate and itemized repair bill
- Two (2) photographs of the damaged vehicle, if available
- A police report, if obtainable
- A copy of the demand letter which indicates the costs You are responsible for and any amounts that have been paid toward the claim
Submit all of the above documents from the rental company, along with the following documents, to the Benefit Administrator:
- The completed and signed Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver claim form. Important : This must be postmarked within ninety (90) days* of the theft or damage date, even if all other required documentation is not yet available – or Your claim may be denied.
- A copy of Your monthly billing statement (showing the last 4 digits of the Account number) demonstrating that the entire rental transaction was made on Your eligible Account.
- A statement from Your insurance carrier (and/or Your employer or employer’s insurance carrier, if applicable), or other reimbursement showing the costs for which You are responsible, and any amounts that have been paid toward the claim. Or, if You have no applicable insurance or reimbursement, a statement of no insurance or reimbursement is required
- A copy of Your primary insurance policy’s Declarations Page (if applicable) to confirm Your deductible. (This means the document(s) in Your insurance policy that lists names, coverages, limits, effective dates, and deductibles).
- Any other documentation required by the Benefit Administrator to substantiate the claim
Finally, please note that all remaining documents must be postmarked within three hundred and sixty-five (365) days* of the theft or damage date or Your claim may be denied.
*Not applicable to residents of certain states.
For faster filing, or to learn more about Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, visit www.eclaimsline.com
Finalizing Your Claim
Your claim will typically be finalized within fifteen (15) days, after the Benefit Administrator has received all the documentation needed to substantiate Your claim.
Transference of Claims
Once Your claim has been paid, all Your rights and remedies against any party in regard to this theft or damage will be transferred to the Benefit Administrator, to the extent of the cost of payment made to You. You must give the Benefit Administrator all assistance as may reasonably be required to secure all rights and remedies.
Account means Your credit or debit card Accounts.
Actual Cash Value means the amount a Rental Vehicle is determined to be worth based on its market value, age and condition at the time of loss.
Eligible Person means a cardholder who pays for their auto rental by using their eligible Account.
Rental Car Agreement means the entire contract an eligible renter receives when renting a Rental Vehicle from a rental car agency which describes in full all of the terms and conditions of the rental, as well as the responsibilities of all parties under the contract.
Rental Vehicle means a land motor vehicle with four or more wheels as described in the participating organization’s disclosure statement which the eligible renter has rented for the period of time shown on the Rental Car Agreement and does not have a manufacturer’s suggested retail price exceeding the amount shown on the participating organization’s disclosure statement.
You or Your means an Eligible Person who uses their eligible card to initiate and complete the rental car transaction.
Additional Provisions for Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Signed or pinned transactions are covered as long as You use Your eligible Account to secure the transaction.
- You shall do all things reasonable to avoid or diminish any loss covered by this benefit. This provision will not be unreasonably applied to avoid claims.
- If You make any claim knowing it to be false or fraudulent in any respect, no coverage shall exist for such claim, and Your benefit may be cancelled. Each cardholder agrees that representations regarding claims will be accurate and complete. Any and all relevant provisions shall be void in any case of fraud, intentional concealment, or misrepresentation of material fact.
- No legal action for a claim may be brought against the Provider until sixty (60) days after the Provider receives Proof of Loss. No legal action against the Provider may be brought more than two (2) years after the time for giving Proof of Loss. Further, no legal action may be brought against the Provider unless all the terms of the Guide to Benefits have been complied with fully.
- This benefit is provided to eligible cardholders at no additional cost. The terms and conditions contained in this Guide to Benefits may be modified by subsequent endorsements. Modifications to the terms and conditions may be provided via additional Guide to Benefits mailings, statement inserts, statement messages, or electronic notification. The benefits described in this Guide to Benefits will not apply to cardholders whose Accounts have been suspended or cancelled.
- Termination dates may vary by financial institutions. Your financial institution can cancel or non-renew the benefits for cardholders, and if they do, they will notify You at least thirty (30) days in advance. Indemnity Insurance Company of North America (“Provider”) is the underwriter of these benefits and is solely responsible for its administration and claims. The Benefit Administrator provides services on behalf of the Provider.
- After the Benefit Administrator has paid Your claim, all Your rights and remedies against any party in respect of this claim will be transferred to the Benefit Administrator to the extent of the payment made to You. You must give the Benefit Administrator all assistance as may reasonably be required to secure all rights and remedies.
- This benefit does not apply to the extent that trade or economic sanctions or other laws or regulations prohibit the provision of insurance, including, but not limited to, the payment of claims.
For roadside assistance, call (800)847-2869.
What is Roadside Dispatch?
Roadside Dispatch is a pay-per-use roadside assistance program. The program provides you with security and convenience wherever your travels take you.
No membership or pre-enrollment is required. No annual dues. No limit on usage.
For a set price per service call, the program provides:
- Standard Towing – Up to 5 miles included1
- Tire Changing – must have good, inflated spare
- Jump Starting
- Lockout Service (no key replacement)
- Fuel Delivery – up to 5 gallons (plus the cost of fuel)
- Standard Winching
Roadside Dispatch will ask you where you are, what the problem is, and while they remain on the phone with you, they will arrange a dispatch to a reliable tow operator or locksmith to provide help. (If you feel you are in an unsafe location – Roadside Dispatch will advise you to hang up and dial 911. If you are not able to dial 911, they will call the non-emergency police number in your area, and will remain on the phone with you at your request until the police arrive.) You have the convenience of one toll-free phone number and you may save money because their rates are pre-negotiated.
Dependable roadside assistance, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week has never been easier. No membership or pre-enrollment is required. Just call Roadside Dispatch toll-free when you need them.
(800) 847-2869 ~ it’s that easy!
Note: Customers must pay service provider for mileage over 5 miles. A secondary unit being towed behind is not included but can be accommodated for an additional fee. Standard Winching applies within 100 feet of paved or county-maintained road only. Current fee for a standard service call is $69.95. Additional fees may apply for winching services under certain circumstances. Service call fees are subject to change at any time; however, callers will be notified of pricing prior to any service dispatch. This program may be discontinued at any time without prior notice. Program void where prohibited.
1 Any vehicle with wheels is covered under the program as long as it can be classified as ‘Light Duty’. ‘Light Duty’ vehicles are vehicles that weigh 10,000 lbs. or less. Vehicles weighing more than 10,000 lbs. are considered ‘Medium Duty’ or ‘Heavy Duty’ and are NOT covered under this program.
Additional Terms: Service providers supplying emergency roadside assistance and towing are independent contractors and are solely liable for their services. Neither Visa nor your financial institution shall have any responsibility or liability in connection with the rendering of the service. Emergency roadside assistance and towing may not be available in areas not regularly traveled, nor in other “off road” areas not accessible by ordinary towing vehicles. Weather conditions, time of day, and availability of service may affect assistance responses. Expectations for dispatch are set with the customer on every call, and an expected estimated time of arrival is provided to the customer regardless of their location; however, neither Visa nor your financial institution provides any assurances as to the ability of the service provider to meet such estimates. You are responsible for any roadside assistance or towing charges incurred by facilities responding to your request even if you are not with your vehicle or your vehicle is gone upon their arrival.
24-hour roadside assistance services provided by: Cross Country Motor Club, Inc. d/b/a Agero, a Massachusetts corporation, and Cross Country Motor Club of California, Inc. a California corporation.
Visa Offers + Perks
Experience exclusive presales, offers, giveaways and benefits from all the things you’re into with Visa Offers + Perks. Refer to usa.visa.com/en_us/visa-offers-and-perks for additional details.
Lost/Stolen Card Reporting
Fees may apply for Visa-assisted services.
Arvest Credit Card customers can report lost/stolen cards 24/7/365 by calling Arvest Credit Card customer service at (800) 356-8085.
Emergency Card Replacement & Emergency Cash Disbursement
This efficient, 24/7/365 world service allows cardholders who are traveling to quickly and easily get a replacement Visa card sent to them and/or receive emergency cash at a convenient location. Call Visa Global Customer Care Services at (800) 847-2911. Fees may apply for Visa-assisted services.
With Visa’s Zero Liability Policy, you won’t be held responsible for unauthorized transactions made with your Arvest Visa card. You’re covered if your card is ever lost, stolen or fraudulently used.
Visa’s Zero Liability policy does not apply to certain commercial card and anonymous prepaid card transactions or transactions not processed by Visa. Cardholders must use care in protecting their card and notify their issuing financial institution immediately of any unauthorized use. Contact Arvest for more details.
Cardholder Inquiry Service
The Cardholder Inquiry Service provides customer phone support for general inquiries and provides product/service information for Visa cardholders. Visa Global Customer Care Services team provides information regarding general account or card benefit questions. Call Visa Global Customer Care Services at (800) 847-2911.
- Quick and accurate account and card benefit information.
- Product and service information at your fingertips.
- Customer service available in all major languages.
Toll-free numbers are supported 24 hours a day, seven days a week:
Fees may apply for Visa-assisted services.
Cardholders may request information at no charge from Arvest Credit Card customer service during regular business hours by calling (800) 356-8085.