Welcome to the Arvest Family!
We are pleased to announce the Arvest Bank acquisition of National Bank of Arkansas (NBA) was successfully completed on December 6, 2013, and the conversion to Arvest of all NBA locations, accounts, loans, etc., will occur at the close of business on Friday, February 7. Your NBA location will close at 6 p.m. on Friday, February 7, for a systems transition and will reopen as Arvest Bank on Monday, February 10. Due to the close proximity to nearby, already-existing Arvest locations, some NBA locations will be closing after this transition. Please reference the FAQs below for more details on relocating NBA locations.
We know you have many questions about this change, and we are committed to making your move to Arvest as smooth as possible. See below for a list of frequently asked questions, and if you would like to speak to a friendly Arvest associate regarding your transition, please call us at (866) 952-9523 Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. We are excited to welcome our new customers and look forward to serving all of your financial needs.
- What will change on my NBA accounts?
- You should have received a letter postmarked on January 7 with more information about your new Arvest account(s), including your new account number. If not, please contact us at (866) 952-9523. To see all of the products we have to offer, please visit arvest.com.
Please note: If you opened your account on or after December 14, 2013, your account number will not change with this transition.
- What about my debit card or ATM card?
- In late January, you will receive in a separate mailing from Arvest Bank your new Arvest Visa® CheckCard or ATM card. Continue to use your existing NBA debit card or ATM card through 6 p.m. on Friday, February 7. At that time you may begin to use your new Arvest card.
Important! Your NBA card will not be active after 6 p.m. on Friday, February 7; accordingly, any transactions using your NBA debit card after that time will be declined. Because ATMs will not be available for a period of time starting at 6 p.m. on February 7, Arvest will refund the fee for using your new Arvest CheckCard(s) at non-Arvest ATMs over the weekend.
- Will I receive new Arvest checks?
- On or around March 4, you will receive in a separate mailing from Arvest Bank a complimentary, initial supply of Arvest checks and deposit slips. Please continue using your existing NBA checks until you receive your new Arvest Bank checks. Any NBA checks written prior to this time will be honored as long as your account has sufficient funds.
- What should I do about my direct deposits?
- Any direct deposits delivered to your NBA account on or after Saturday, February 8, will be forwarded to your new Arvest account. Arvest will notify your sources for direct deposit of your account change and new routing number. We ask that you also contact your sources for direct deposit on or after Saturday, February 8, to notify them of the change and to help ensure you will not miss any payments.
ACTION REQUIRED: If you have payroll, government or other funds deposited to your account, please complete the form here and forward it to the sources of your direct deposit(s) on or after Saturday, February 8, to help ensure your direct deposits continue without interruption.
Please Note: Do not contact anyone with your new direct deposit information until on or after Saturday, February 8. Direct deposits into your new Arvest account(s) before Saturday, February 8, will not be accepted.
- What should I do about my automatic drafts?
- Any automatic payments deducted from your NBA account or debit card on or after Saturday, February 8, will be honored as long as your Arvest account has sufficient funds. However, we ask if you currently have automatic payments deducted from your account or debit card, please complete and send the form located here to the recipients of your automatic payments on or after Saturday, February 8, to notify them of the change and to help ensure your payments continue without disruption.
Please Note: Do not contact anyone with new automatic payment information until on or after Saturday, February 8. Automatic payments deducted from your Arvest account or CheckCard before Saturday, February 8, will be declined.
- When may NBA customers bank at Arvest locations?
- After the systems conversion is complete, on Monday, February 10, NBA customers may bank at Arvest locations. Until this time, customers of both banks will need to continue to bank at their current branch locations.
- Will my NBA location close, or will business hours change?
- One branch will be relocating at the close of business on February 7th:
NBA's location at 9400 Highway 107 in Sherwood will close at 6 p.m. on Friday, February 7th and relocate approximately .65 miles to the Arvest Bank at 8415 Highway 107 in Sherwood. This location will be ready to serve you on Monday, February 10, starting at 7 a.m. in the drive-thru and 8 a.m. in the lobby.
Two branches will be relocating at the close of business on March 29th (please note hours reductions occurring on February 10th):
NBA's location at 102 Country Club Parkway in Maumelle will close at 1 p.m. on Saturday, March 29, and relocate approximately 1.4 miles to the Arvest Bank at 13301 Crystal Hill Road in North Little Rock, in front of Walmart. Beginning on Monday, February 10, the hours at NBA’s Maumelle branch will change to 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays in both the lobby and the drive-thru. The Arvest Bank at 13301 Crystal Hill Road will be ready to serve you on Monday, February 10, starting at 7 a.m. in the drive-thru and 8 a.m. in the lobby.
NBA's location at 2600 North Main Street in North Little Rock will close at 1 p.m. on Saturday, March 29, and relocate approximately .93 miles to the Arvest Bank at 3502 JFK Boulevard in North Little Rock. Beginning on Monday, February 10, the hours at NBA’s 2600 North Main Street location will change to 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays in both the lobby and the drive-thru. The Arvest Bank at 3502 JFK Boulevard will be ready to serve you on Monday, February 10, starting at 7 a.m. in the drive-thru and 8 a.m. in the lobby.
For a full list of Arvest branch locations, please visit arvest.com.
- What will my new routing number be?
- On Saturday, February 8, your routing number will change to 082900872.
- What's going to happen to my online banking with NBA?
- If you are enrolled in online banking with NBA, then you will be automatically enrolled in Arvest's Online Banking. Please watch your mail, as you will receive a new Login ID and password in a separate mailing from Arvest Bank. You may access your Arvest Online Banking account on or after Monday, February 10.
Please note: If you want to change your Arvest Online Banking Login ID, you can do so on or after Monday, February 10. Once you login, select Home>Preferences>Change Login ID.
- Will my recurring transfers move from NBA to Arvest?
- Arvest Online Banking has the ability to transfer funds between Arvest accounts. If you currently have recurring transfers between accounts scheduled through NBA's online banking, you will need to re-establish these transfers inside Arvest Online Banking on or after Monday, February 10.
- Will my NBA bill pay account and payments transfer to Arvest?
- We will transfer your current NBA bill pay account, payee information, and payments to Arvest Bank, and you may access Arvest Online BillPay starting on Monday, February 10.
Important! You will not be able to schedule or change payments in NBA's bill pay after 3 p.m. on Thursday, February 6.
ACTION REQUIRED: On or after Monday, February 10, review your Arvest Online BillPay account to verify the correct information has been transferred. You will need to re-establish any eBills you currently have in place on or after Monday, February 10.
- I currently import my online banking transactions into Quicken® or Quickbooks™. What do I need to do to ensure my data transitions smoothly?
- Please select the version of Quicken or Quickbooks you currently use for instructions on modifying your settings to ensure the smooth transition of your data.
Quicken PC, Mac
Quickbooks PC, Mac