Cover Overdrafts With a Linked Account
- Automatically transfers from a linked account
- Brings checking account to a $0 balance
SafetyLink protects your checking account against overdrafts:
- Funds checking account to a zero balance – Transfers are made in an amount needed to return your checking account to a zero balance (including assessed fees) after the completion of daily processing.
- Limit of six transfers per monthly statement cycle — This number may be reduced by other transactions made on your savings or money market account, as both account types allow a limited number of transactions per statement cycle.
- No Transfer Fee – Each day a SafetyLink transfer is made to cover overdrafts at no cost. Once you reach your SafetyLink transaction limit, we will treat your checking account transactions as if you did not have SafetyLink. This means we may pay or return the transaction, in our sole discretion. If we return a transaction, we will not charge you a non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee, but merchant may charge you fees. If we pay the transaction and it overdrafts your account, we may charge you the applicable overdraft fee
- Debit card transactions – We will only authorize debit card purchases up to the amount of money you have in your checking account at any given time that is available for you to use (“Available Balance”). We do not consider available funds in a SafetyLink account when we authorize or deny debit card, ATM, or other transactions.
When your SafetyLink money market or savings account does not have enough money to cover each transaction causing an overdraft on your checking account, we will transfer funds to cover the fee and pay transactions according to our posting order until an item in the posting order cannot be paid with the SafetyLink funds transfer. When a transaction cannot be paid with the SafetyLink funds transfer, that transaction and all other transactions that follow in the posting order may be paid or returned, in our sole discretion. If we return a transaction, we will not charge you an NSF fee, but the merchant may charge you fees. If we pay a transaction and it overdrafts your account, we may charge you a $17 overdraft fee. Please review the SafetyLink Transfer Agreement for complete details on this program. Ask an associate for assistance.