Cover Overdrafts With a Linked Account
- Automatically transfers from a linked account
- Brings checking account to a $0 balance
- $10 SafetyLink fee per transfer
SafetyLink protects your checking account against overdrafts:
- Funds checking account to a zero balance – Transfers are made in an amount needed to return your checking account to a zero balance (including assessed fees) after the completion of daily processing.
- Limit of six transfers per monthly statement cycle — This number may be reduced by other transactions made on your savings or money market account, as both account types allow a limited number of transactions per statement cycle.
- $10 fee per transfer – Each day a SafetyLink transfer is made to cover overdrafts, a fee of $10 is assessed. Once you reach your SafetyLink transaction limit, additional items are returned and charged a $17 Insufficient Funds/Overdraft fee per item.
- Debit card transactions – Your debit card transactions are authorized only for the amount in your checking account. Balances in your linked account are not considered when authorizing transactions at the point-of-sale.
When your SafetyLink money market or savings account does not have enough money to cover each transaction causing an overdraft on your checking account, we will transfer funds to cover the fee and pay transactions according to our posting order until an item in the posting order cannot be paid with the SafetyLink funds transfer. When a transaction cannot be paid with the SafetyLink funds transfer, that transaction and all other transactions that follow in the posting order may be paid or returned, in our sole discretion, resulting in an Insufficient Funds/Overdraft fee. If you do not have enough money in your SafetyLink money market or savings account to cover any transactions causing an overdraft on your checking account, we will not make any SafetyLink funds transfer and we will not charge you a transfer fee. Instead, your checking account transactions will be treated as if you did not have SafetyLink, which means they may be paid or returned, in our sole discretion, and you may be charged an Insufficient Funds/Overdraft fee. Please review the SafetyLink Transfer Agreement for complete details on this program. Ask an associate for assistance.